We are Authentically Urban, we plan on doing fashion, DIY, beauty and nail designs. If you have ay suggestions on posts we should do, please leave them in the comments.
-Hannah & Sydney

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Summer Nails!!!

    So this is the first post we, or I will be doing on my own.  Sydney and I haven't had the opportunity to post in a while so I figured I'd give it a shot.  This design is in honor of two things.  1. If you live in Oregon today was the hottest day of the year so far and 2. It's mothers day so I decided to give my mom a manicure.                                                
                                                                                     -Hannah
 Supplies:
    -Base and top coat (I used OPI, start to finish)
    -A White or nude color (I used China Glaze, white on white)
    -A black, dark blue/navy, hot pink, and a red striper(I used the stripe rite of those colors)
    -A yellow (I used OPI, need sunglasses?)
    -An Orange ( I used OPI, where's jack?)
    -A bright summery color(I used OPI, that's berry darling)
    -A sort of brown polish ( I don't have an actual brown but OPI's I'd like to thank worked pretty well)

1.First apply a base coat and allow to dry.

2. Apply two coats of the white color.
3. Using the black striper outline a circle with 2 lines for the beach ball.
4. Fill in one of the sections you made blue, the next yellow, and the last red.

5. For the next finger using a dotting tool, or a very steady hand and a regular brush, fill in one of the upper corners with yellow for the sun.
6.  Using the orange and a dotting tool create the arms(?) of the sun

7. And of course I had to add a smiley face!!!  :)

 8. For the Popsicle using a regular brush create the basic shape of the Popsicle.
9. Using the brown color add a thin stripe for the stick.
10. For the last finger I did some sun glasses.  First Do the outline of the lenses.
11. Next add the ear pieces and the rim connecting the two lenses.
12. To give the affect of sunglasses, fill in the lenses using the black striper.
13. To add shine and protect your design apply a top coat and you're ready to hit the beach or the chaise to tan!!!  :)

Credits:
 -Artist: Hannah
-Model: My mom
*Special credit to Sophie for the Popsicle idea  :)

4 comments:

  1. hey i really like this blog but i cant read thw writing! could you change the font please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made it bigger can you read it now?

    ReplyDelete