We are Authentically Urban, we plan on doing fashion, DIY, beauty and nail designs. If you have ay suggestions on posts we should do, please leave them in the comments.
-Hannah & Sydney

Friday, July 6, 2012

Leopard Print Nails!!!

I'm really sorry I didn't get a chance to post those second 4th of July nails post!!!  :(  I decided to do this leopard print design to try and make up for it.  My sisters having a birthday party tomorrow and of course I needed my nails to match my shirt!!!  This design is perfect for really any day but it just worked out that I have a shirt to match!!! :)

                                                                                     -Hannah <3

Supplies:
  -Base and Top coat ( I used Sally Hansen "Green Tea + Bamboo Nail Strengthener")
  -A white polish (I used OPI "Funny Bunny")
  -A peachy red orange color (I didn't have this color so i mixed Essie "Bachelorette Bash" and China Glaze "Orange Knockout (neon)")
  -A dark navy striper (I used a navy striperite)

Inspiration:
My shirt I got at Forever 21
1.  Paint the white polish on all of your nails.  Mine took three coats because funny bunny is a really shear color.
2.  After your white polish dries completely add random white dots with your peachy color. Make sure they vary in size.
3.  Randomly outline the peach dots with your navy striper as shown above.  I can't really describe exactly what that technique is.
 4. Add a few random dots to complete.
5. Apply your topcoat and let dry.  :)
Remember Sydney and I would LOVE to see you re-creations of our designs!!!  <3

*Credits*
  -Artist: Hannah W.
  -Model:Hannah W.
  -Shirt: Forever 21  :)


1 comment: