We are Authentically Urban, we plan on doing fashion, DIY, beauty and nail designs. If you have ay suggestions on posts we should do, please leave them in the comments.
-Hannah & Sydney

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Olympic nails!!!

Very busy 2012 London Olympics nail art!!!  :) For this tutorial since I used so many colors I'm just going to tell you as we get to each color.  Also I didn't take pics showing "London" or the "2012" I just used a toothpick and OPI's "Black Onyx".

1. As always apply a base coat and allow time to dry completely. (I used Sally Hansen "Green Tea and Bamboo nail strengthener")
2. Paint your thumb, pointer & middle finger white.  (I used China glaze "White on White") Paint your middle finger any neutral color. (I used OPI "French Quarter For Your Thoughts") which happens to be one of my favorite colors :)  Next Paint your pinky finger a nice royal blue (I used Essie "Aruba Blue")
3.  On your thumb start by outlining the torch with two dots as shown above using a gold. (I used OPI "symphony in gold")
4. With the same gold draw a dot in the middle at the very tip of your nail and fill it in like a triangle.  I used a tooth pich for this rather than a dotting tool.

5. Using a red striper or just a red color and a small brush (like I did with Essie "Really Red", creative name right?)  Make a flame shape as shown above.
6. Leaving some red showing fill in with white (I used a white striperite)
7. Cover up the white with a red-orange color for transition (I used OPI "Cajun Shrimp")  Rather than wasting a but of space on pictures...: leaving a bit of the red-orange showing fill in with white polish and ten cover that with yellow (I used a yellow striperite and that step is shown below):
( Oh I don't know why the pic is sideways but I don't know how to rotate it sooo...you get the idea right?)
Moving on to the rings...
8.  Using a tooth pick and a light blue polish (I used OPI "No room for the blues") Form a ring like shown in the picture.
9.Still using the toothpick make more circles using the colors in the same order as above and shown below is a picture of the rings.  Black: (OPI "Black Onyx")  Red: (Essie "Really Red")  Yellow: (OPI "Need Sunglasses?")
10.  Finish with a green ring.  (I used OPI: "Greenwich Village")
11.  Finally the pinky!!!  For the British flag draw white lines like the ones shown using a striper. (I used a white striperite) 

12.  Finish with thin red lines on top of the white lines (As always I used a red striperite) *On the diagonals don't quite combine the lines all the way across if that makes sense.  You can see this best on the bottom left corner in the picture :)
13.  Finish with a top coat and you're opening ceremony ready!!!


                                                          - Hannah <3
*Credits:
 Artist: Hannah W.
Model: Hannah W.





2 comments:

  1. I love this design! I can barely even paint my nails without nail polish all over my hand! lol But still, a great post!
    http://colorcoordinatedlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete